Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 May 2011

Damage Limitation

Hi Jimmy
I’m the Editor of Diabetes.co.uk and therefore responsible for what has happened here. I have apologised to Dr Wortman who has kindly acknowledged the apology. I dare say he is still upset by what has happened and I think he would have every right to be.
I am a low carbing type 1 diabetic myself and wish to say that I do not support the views of the moderators. Our moderators restrict their carb intake also but hold some strong views, with regard to dietary fat, which clashed with Dr Wortman. the way they responded to the clash was not acceptable.
Diabetes.co.uk is a separate organisation from the charity Diabetes UK. We exist to promote discussion of diabetes and to give people a voice. What has happened in how Dr Wortman was dealt with very much goes against this ethos and we will prevent this happening in future.
Please feel free to contact me, Jimmy at benedict at diabetes.co.uk
With best regards
Benedict Jephcote

24 hours later.

I should add that I don’t feel our moderators should be vilified here.
From all my correspondence, they’re decent, caring people. They’ve put huge amounts of time and effort into managing the forum with the best of interests for the public.
I don’t agree with the way things were handled by them with regard to Dr Wortman and we have had our disagreements over certain things but I think they’re good people and the majority of active forum members will back them up.
There was an issue here but it’s not as one sided as even I have been painting this.
Benedict

Graham

5 comments:

beautiful bernard said...

When Benedict says "the majority of active forum members will back them up", he actually means "only the ass-kissers are left".

Graham said...

Seeing that Jopar ( Bernstein impinged her human rights) posted a link on Dominics thread to carbophiles aka tubolard's blog, I thought well here's another couple of links were Ken aka the troll wrunkelt has the temerity to moan about Sue being outed as a troll (millymole aka sarah).
Hypocrite I'll leave that for you to decide.

http://carbophile.blogspot.com/2011/01/biased-reporting.html#comments

http://carbophile.blogspot.com/2010/08/trouble-at-tmill-indeed.html#comments

And another selected link re moderation on DCUK

http://carbophile.blogspot.com/2010/09/dcuk-monitors-should-not-be-criticised.html#comments

ALC said...

"Criticism of Moderators and Forum Monitors is no longer tolerated on this forum.
Members will be suspended and or banned for personal attacks on either."

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5019&p=135138&hilit=criticism#p135138

Has cugila forgot the forum rules? from his comments to Benedict it would seem so.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21438

Anonymous said...

Kenny slowly self destructs-shame lol

Anonymous said...

Jimmy

I joined the site....

Asked a question (site, but not diabetes related) ...

Was treated badly by the moderators....

Complained, but was ignored.

I left.

Nothing has changed in the last eighteen months.

I advise others I meet to stay away from the site.