Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 July 2011

Prescriptions rise 70pc in a decade !

"Meanwhile, the drugs bill to tackle diabetes has risen rapidly. Experts say this is due both to a rise in the numbers of people with the disease - curreently estimated at about 2.5 million - and the fact a number of expensive new treatments have come on to the market. "

If you check out the NHS stats you see no progress has been made in the fight against serious complications, safer HbA1c numbers and life expectancy for diabetics. The new expensive drugs and healthcare professionals and dietitions have got nowhere, in fact the situation is getting worse. Diabetics requiring kidney dialysis is going up steeply.

There is no quick fix method to control type two diabetes, drugs or 600 calorie starvation diets will cure or control zilch. The chief symptom of type two diabetes is raised blood glucose and insulin levels. The food that brings this about is carbohydrates. I am sure every person reading this knows this for a fact. When are the medics going to realise ? Lowcarbing could save the NHS hundreds of millions of £s per year. Not only save money but show some real progress in the gruesome stats the NHS publish every year.

Eddie


NHS Statistics for 2008 2009:
Percentage of Type 1 diabetics with HbA1c greater than 7.5 per cent = 71.4 per cent.
Percentage of Type 2 diabetics with HbA1c greater than 7.5 per cent = 33.4 per cent.
Percentage of Type 1 diabetics with HbA1c greater than 10.0 per cent = 33.6 per cent.
Percentage of Type 2 diabetics with HbA1c greater than 10.0 per cent = 14.3 per cent.
These results are very similar to those found in 2006 – 2007 and 2007 – 2008.
 


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8665503/Prescriptions-rise-70pc-in-a-decade.html

3 comments:

Ailz said...

Stopping type 2s from testing is only going to put the bill for drugs up even higher.

Anonymous said...

That is one hell of a lot of poison!! All these highly toxic meds have to leave the body, but not before damaging the liver, kidneys, rearrange your electrolytes, distorting cells all over the body, giving side effects and whatever else. These meds treat the symptoms but not the cause.

Its a long, drawn out death, nobody gets well from taking medication.
As my grandma, a community midwife, my granddad a GP, used to say "You dont buy health in the pharmacy, you buy it from the greengrocer".
Karen chocfish

Anonymous said...

The Type 1 figures are so depressing. What makes all of this so frustrating is that it just doesn't need to happen.

I still wince when I think back to when I first low-carbed by following the Atkins diet. I wanted to lose weight; it had nothing to do with my diabetic control.

So, I lost the weight and when I got an HbA1c of 5.8 - my lowest ever, without much trouble, my GP said 'you need to get that up; it's too low'. Fool that I was I went along with that. He knows what he's talking about after all...

Possibly the worst piece of advice I've ever received.

But for the low carbers over the last couple of years I might be happily sitting with an HbA1c in the 7's thinking; excellent control.

Keep up the good work.

Dillinger