Total Pageviews

Thursday 22 September 2011

Lowcarb Black forest gateau.

Ingredients:
100g ground almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon of melted butter
2 tablespoons of double cream
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
100 grams of pitted black cherries

 

Method:
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Melt the butter I used a Pyrex jug, add the eggs, cream, then add the dry ingredients and mix. Pour into a 6" microwave proof dish. Microwave in a 700watt for 3 minutes. Allow to cool and cut in half. Spread on extra thick cream and 100 grams of pitted black cherries.. Serves four. 
 


 
 
Eddie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to love eating a slice of black forest gateuax, what a good recipe idea.It looks delicious.
Thank you.

Mary P

Anonymous said...

Nigella eat your heart out!

This looks delicious -- thanks, will be trying it out a.s.a.p.

From low carb fan

Anonymous said...

Looks another tasty recipe to me, guess I'll be trying it out this weekend. A great add on to Graham's choc sponge recipe.

Sarah

Lowcarb team member said...

Why wait for the weekend ? this is so simple and quick, by the way it tastes great.

Eddie

Anonymous said...

Sorry I've got to wait for the weekend as I needed to buy more ground almonds. Can't wait to try it and taste it.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

This looks good enough to eat !

Great recipe idea, thanks.

Sue

Anonymous said...

Just an update. I made the gateau at the weekend, well what can I say?

Yummy, delicious, gorgeous.

Another great recipe, thanks.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

I've been playing about with this recipe. I chopped the cherries up and added them to the mix along with half tsp of vanilla essence. I also added a good slug of Brandy. You may need to adjust the cooking time slightly.

Enjoy I certainly did!

Graham