Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 February 2012

Sorry, but who or what is wallycorker ?

We often get asked that question. Wallycorker was a member of d.co.uk in the Ken era. He was a complete gentleman, always polite and worked very hard to greet the newbies and tell them his low carb success story. He was banned. He contacted the administration and admin agreed he had been treated unfairly and to rejoin. Because of technical  reasons he could not use his old name of wallycorker, he returned as AKA wallycorker. Surprise surprise he was banned again. He was a big loss to the forum. Here is his story.

This story describes the diet that I've gradually adopted over the last two years to successfully deal with my non-insulin-dependent Type 2 diabetes.

I'm a sixty-six-years old non-insulin dependent Type 2 on Metformin. I was diagnosed nearly ten years ago in the very early stages with a fasting level of 7.2 (130) and an HbA1c of only 5.7%. My situation slowly progressed - i.e. deteriorated - for eight years by following the "do not test" and " eat plenty of starchy carbohydrate" advice that is so often given by healthcare professionals to type 2s in the UK. Even though my progression was relatively slow, around seven years later my HbA1c eventually reached 9.4% and my GP started to prescribe Metformin (1000mg per day) - and then around a year later he doubled the dosage to 2000mg because my HbA1C was still at 8.5%.

At that stage and against my Doctors advice, I started to test and by doing that soon came to understand the effect that different foods had on my blood glucose levels. By using that information and gradually changing my diet over the last two years, I have fully reversed my Type 2 diabetic situation. Today, all my numbers are better than they were at diagnosis - in most of the cases by a massive amount. If I went to the doctor today then by the most-commonly-used diagnostic tests - fasting blood glucose levels or HbA1c - they would say that I did not have diabetes. Moreover, any symptoms of diabetes that I had experienced have all disappeared.

Basically, the main thing that I've done is to cut out almost all the starchy carbohydrates - e.g. cereals, bread, potatoes, pizza mainly but I'm also very careful with rice and pasta too. In my opinion this has been by far and away the main reason for my dramatic improvement in blood glucose levels.

My HbA1c has dropped from a high of 9.4% to in the 5s the last six tests - and a lowest-ever of 5.0% last time. I'm hoping to take it below 5% very soon. In November I stopped using Metformin altogether.
 


Eddie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for explaining about 'Wallycorker'.His story was interesting to read and he did very well to reduce his numbers, an inspiration to all diabetics.

No doubt under Ken his posts were deleted, honestly what a menace that man sounds.

Sheila

Anonymous said...

Yet another low carb success story.

This doesn't only help with those who have diabetes, its got added benefits for a whole range of modern diseases, just have a look for yourself at articles on this blog and others.

Carol

Anonymous said...

For goodness sake eddie - own up you are wally corker - you tell some corkers that is for sure.
People reading this blog do not have a clue what all this stuff is about!!
You are really in your own little world !!

Lowcarb team member said...

Good grief ! Have you escaped again. What an example you are for "Care in the community" being a failure.


Eddie

Nanny Tubs said...

"For goodness sake eddie - own up you are wally corker - you tell some corkers that is for sure.
People reading this blog do not have a clue what all this stuff is about!!
You are really in your own little world !!"

Sorry Eddie the little imp escaped off the naughty step. Must fly all those nappies to change

Nanny Tubs

wallycorker said...

I don't really know how I happened across this but I'd just like to say that Eddie is not Wallycorker - I am Wallycorker - i.e. John Moralee from Wath-upon-Dearne near Rotherham. I've never hidden my identity and have never posted under any other ID.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi John

I hope you are well, fancy you posting here. The idiots are still trying to rule the roost at DCUK some things never change. Only bigger idiots do not see through them. These days they lie rather than rely on bent mods to protect them.

Eddie