Total Pageviews

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Nullius in verba "take nobody's word for it"


Latin for "on the word of no one" or "take nobody's word for it" the forum signature of phoenix, a long term Kenny boy clique member and ferocious lowcarb high fat anti campaigner. Phoenix is a high carb, insulin using type 1.5 diabetic using a pump. She is a devout follower of the US dietition Hope Warshaw, a self styled diabetes expert and big pharma shill (check the link below). No Hope Warshaw a woman who we have stated as being more dangerous than Osama Bin Laden (deceased). Yes we were serious, the likes of Warshaw kill more people every month than terrorists kill in a decade. Hope believes lowcarb is the old dogma, and diabetics should eat up to 65% of their food in carbs. Don’t panic she says, there are lot’s of drugs that help you eat the crap that lead to your obesity and diabetes.

Ok, at this stage, I have to come clean, I find Hope physically  attractive,  I have to state I am sexually attracted to her, in another world and another time, well, you get the message. Maybe I’m one hell of a kinky devil, or a male chauvinist pig, but I'm a tryer, but  within a couple of long weekends, I believe I could straighten Hope out. As for Evelyn at the Carbsane blog, I’ll leave her for Graham. Never let it be said I do not know my limitations.

So, back to the plot, why has an insulin using diabetic devoted so much of her life to denigrating lowcarb and healthy fats ? What makes an intelligent, well read woman, like phoenix take away hope and salvation for so many. Could it be she cannot, or will not lowcarb, is she like so many others, addicted to carbs, but deep down, deep down in the places we fear to tread, the places we get to at 3am when we cannot sleep, feeling guilty. You tell me.

Nullius in verba, trust no one. Do not trust me, why should you ? Trust your weighing scales, your tape measure, trust your blood tests,  your BG meter if you are a diabetic, trust your BP meter, and if you feel good, you probably are good. I,m sticking with the old dogma..

From Hope Warshaw.


"Old Dogma: People with type 2 diabetes should follow a low carbohydrate diet.
New Reality: Nutrition recommendations for people with type 2 diabetes from the American Diabetes Association and other health authorities echo the recently unveiled U.S. 2010 Dietary Guidelines (1/31/11) for carbohydrate : about 45 to 65 percent of calories. (Americans currently eat about 45 to 50 percent of calories as carbohydrate--not a "high carb" intake.)"



Give me a wink and let me think of you !

The first comment placed on Hope's blog in answer to her post

"The idea that a diabetic should NOT eat a low-carbohydrate diet is nonsense. First of all, diabetes is a condition of carbohydrate intolerance (so it makes sense to control carbohydrate intake, no?) Plus, there are studies which show generally good glycaemic control on low carbohydrate diet. Thirdly, my experience in practice as a doctor is that these diets work. Could I ask Ms Warshaw if she uses these diets in her practice? Has she tried them? If my patients took her dietary advice they would, in the main, end up with poorly controlled diabetes and the problems associated with this (blindness, kidney disease, amputation). Would she care to comment?"

The second comment.

"I wholeheartedly agree that going on medications at diagnosis is both appropriate and helpful. In my opinion as a layperson and a person with diabetes (Type 2), Metformin is a wonderful drug. However, my experience as a patient is that even on the maximum dose of Metformin, my blood glucose levels did not drop under the ADA diet that my dietitian prescribed. It was not until I started a low carbohydrate diet that my blood glucose numbers fell. They fell rapidly and have been easy to maintain under such a diet. In my quest to avoid diabetic complications by maintaining good blood glucose control, eating a diet of even 40% carbohydrates would make that goal much more difficult and perhaps impossible"



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

eddie you are completely mad and this blog is a disgrace. How it has not bee banned is a mystery.

Anonymous said...

Your family must be disgusted with you. Wash your mouth out.

Lowcarb team member said...

“Your family must be disgusted with you. Wash your mouth out.”

Do you know, the more disgusting I get, the more people read and comment on this blog. With a bit more application, I am hoping to become truly obscene. Funny thing, people of your ilk do not find countless diabetics dying before their time of complications disgusting, but I say I fancy Hope Warshaw and I need to wash my mouth out. What a world eh !

You seem to be wrapped very tight, have you seen the new Ann Summer’s catalogue, go for it, you know it makes sense, why fight it.

Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

Creepy Anonymous internet troll said...

"eddie you are completely mad and this blog is a disgrace. How it has not bee banned is a mystery"

Your style reminds me of a stupid dietition she was always spelling names without the capital and making blatant spelling mistakes.

Bee's buzz don't they, you should follow suit and buzz off.

Graham xxx

Lowcarb team member said...

"eddie you are completely mad and this blog is a disgrace. How it has not bee banned is a mystery."

When people like you agree with me, I will know I have lost the plot. Keep reading the posts, but stay cool, this is only a blog, think of your BP, I hate to think you would blow a gasket on my behalf.

Eddie


Lowcarb team member said...

"OK, I dont see the appeal of this woman myself, but thats not a disgrace either ; )"

Me neither Claire, perhaps Eddie should have gone to Specsavers Lol.

Graham

Anonymous said...

Another drunken, sexist rant. Your followers must be so proud of you.

Lowcarb team member said...

“Another drunken, sexist rant. Your followers must be so proud of you.”

You couldn’t resist reading the post could you. There is method in our madness. Do you think up to 65% carbs for a diabetic is sound advice.

I bet your a dietition or a drug rep. Anyway the main thing is you read the post. Thank you for valuable contribution in the fight against dietary lunacy.

Eddie

fibreclaireUK said...

Hey, if saying you fancy a woman is sexist - you can be sexist with me anytime (very big wink)

ROFLOL