Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 January 2013

My kind of place.


These days I lead a very simple life. When I am not working, I read, fish, eat and drink. At 63 years of age sex is not the priority it once was, although everything still works, so as a diabetic 5 years in I am grateful. Another reason for men to keep those BG numbers in the safe zone. OK maybe too much information. My idea of a perfect day is to fish at my fishing clubs private lake, while my Wife works the landing net and reads her books. On the way home we stop in at our favourite pub. Check out the link and I think you will agree, it’s a wonderful place. If you are in the area check it out, I don’t think you will be disappointed. The food is excellent and good value for money. I never have a problem getting a good lowcarb meal. BTW if you are up in Grahams neck of the wood, Lancashire, check out Dantes, me and the old boy have had some great meals in this place, again, they cater for lowcarbers and the food is wonderful.


A couple of times a year, we meet up with some of our friends we have met via diabetes forums in Surrey, at another restaurant where a great lowcarb meal can be found, The Loch Fyne seafood restaurant in Guildford. Check it out, it’s a great place. 



Eddie

The Rose and Crown here.

Dantes pub and restaurant here.

Loch Fyne Guildford here.

5 comments:

tess said...

ooh, i'm mad at the R&C for not identifying what those beautiful food pictures are....

Anonymous said...

The Loch Fyne chain are good
Jeff

Anonymous said...

Wow the food looks delicious, very mouthwatering. I think the Loch Fyne group of restaurants are reliable, good food and reasonably priced ..

.. Sue

Anonymous said...

Sounds very nice, oh for some nice sunny days away from the heavy snow we have seen recently. One place our family go to quite regularly is our local carvery. It is very reasonably priced and if you are diabetic and following a reduced carb diet just miss out on the roast potatoes and yorkshire puddings. There is always plenty of meat and vegetables to choose from which do not raise the bg numbers.

Jean

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jean carvery's are good usually plenty of meat and a good spread of vegetables all very well priced.

Sal ( loving low carb carvery.'s )