Total Pageviews

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Lowcarbing and other extreme sports !

Tonight's  lowcarb extreme food.


Avocado Pear with Prawns, a splash of 1000 Island Dressing and Paprika


A great lowcarb salad

A salad made from iceberg lettuce, bacon lardons, avocado pear, olives, tomatoes, feta cheese, add some black pepper, extra virgin olive oil and a tiny amount of salt. Great food for all, whether diabetic or not.


Lowcarb summer fruits cake

Ingredients
100 grams ground almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon of melted butter
2 tablespoons of double cream
100 grams of thawed summer fruits 
100 grams of clotted cream

Method:
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Melt the butter I used a Pyrex jug, add the eggs, cream, then add the dry ingredients and mix. Pour into a 6" microwave proof dish. Microwave in a 700 watt for 3 minutes. Allow to cool and cut in half. Spread on extra thick cream and add 100 grams of defrosted summer fruits, serves four/six. 
Another variation on our lowcarb almond flour cake recipes.


Eddie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Low carbing has improved my health.

But I don't think walking could be described as an extreme sport but I do try and have a walk every day

Joe

Anonymous said...

that summer fruits cake, simply heaven, roll on summer, wimbledon and strawberries, I get extremely fit watching wimbledon
cherie

Lowcarb team member said...

“I get fit watching Wimbledon” I know what you mean, watching those stars charging around really wears me out.

Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

"I don't think walking could be described as an extreme sport"

Hi Joe

I agree nor can lowcarbing but when I am in a barmy mood (far too often) I like to think up barmy thread titles.

Eddie

Anonymous said...

I love olives, but all this food must be recommended eating
Jeff