Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 August 2013

Life’s Highs and Lows

Well, I could be talking about Low Carb High Fat food and how it can help keep blood sugars low but I’m not.

One of my sons has had, and got through, many highs and lows in his life. Life has never come easy for him, he has struggled with learning difficulties since birth. He has never given up, neither have we, the path certainly hasn’t been an easy one and I’m sure there are still many cobbles on that street ahead ! We may well have to continue to tread patiently and supportively through it’s maze of high‘s and low‘s.

Yesterday we all enjoyed a marvelous family day. He had his first flying lesson, yes, you read that right!. The plane used was a Robin aerobatic trainer. He set off with a little trepidation, understandable I think. Before the flight he was so excited, his hands were shaking, but he managed to complete the necessary paperwork and then he was off airside……..His pilot trainer was amazing and the rapport between them ideal. Trust, patience, understanding, traits important with any person.

He was up up and away a truly magnificent sight to see and enjoy. We were enthralled, what a special day.

When he got out of the plane he was still so excited talking about high G force turns and the like. He hopes to have more lessons in the future. Who knows he may end up with a basic pilots licence.

Never, never give up. For all of us life throws many high’s and lows. It’s how we deal with it that’s important.

All the best Jan



7 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

This makes my day! Thank you Jan! This is close to my heart more than some readers would ever know. It's a real struggle sometimes but life has some real highs sometimes like meeting my wife and having my children and some of the great holidays and outdoor activities we've enjoyed as a family together. Getting a pilots licence one day would be a dream for me but I think my insulin use may prevent that although becoming a Grandad one day would complete me.

Best Regards and thanks for posting.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. It is so right, it is how we deal with life in general that is important. Some just appear to have a better philosophy then others to this.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Those magnificent men in their flying machine !!!

Lovely for you to share your life's experience.

We can all learn

Gina

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading. Heartwarming. Val

Lowcarb team member said...

You must all have been so proud. A wonderful day to remember.

Kath

Lynda said...

Very cool :) Yes, never give up and I'm so glad you all had such a great family day.

Lowcarb team member said...

To all who have read this post and to those of you who left such kind comments - THANK YOU.

All the best Jan