Total Pageviews

Friday 29 November 2013

The lowcarb wars are all bullshit !

I have worked and lived in London most of my life. I have worked and lived amongst people of every colour and race, every religion, and nationality. I learned a long time ago they were all the same as me. They wanted to be left in peace, they wanted to be treated with respect. They wanted a chance to earn a decent living and give their kids a better life than themselves. I have never had any problems with anyone, I treat people with respect and they have treated me with respect. We have to live and let live. I love being around different people, I love the buzz and the energy.

Look around certain forums especially diabetes forums and you will see all sorts of grief and argument, usually over diet. As if diabetics do not have enough to put up with, they turn on each other, morning,  noon and night. How pathetic is that, instead of taking on big pharma and junk food outfits, they rip into their own kind. I can partially understand why, so many are addicted to the junk that made them ill in the first place. Diabetics have lost the ability to process sugars and starchy carbohydrates in a normal way. But so many will fight to the death to defend junk that has very little nutritional value, and in many cases requires dubious drugs to cover the blood glucose rise, and in many cases lead to their downfall.

To survive, prosper and progress, we have to adapt and work with all people, whatever their race, colour or creed, when are diabetics going to wake up.

Eddie 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you consider Atkins Bars,shakes and meal replacements junk? Lots of low carbers eat them.

Lowcarb team member said...

I don't eat 'em. One mans junk food is another mans good food.

Eddie

Anonymous said...

Watching the news earlier, and wondering where was any good news. Your last paragraph makes sense

To survive, prosper and progress, we have to adapt and work with all people, whatever their race, colour or creed, when are diabetics going to wake up.

Yes, you mention diabetics.

I would say the whole human race.

Kay

Anonymous said...

I would say the whole human race too
Amen

Amy Dungan said...

I agree. We need to work together to change things, not constantly tear each other down. I no longer allow time in my day for the negative people. I just move on with what I know is helpful.

Lynda said...

Totally agree Eddie. I like your sentiments :)

Galina L. said...

It is one of major holidays in US at the moment - the Thanksgiving. Some people really feel that eating unhealthy food during holidays is a good spirit and gives them a moral boost. I noticed that such attitude is very typical for Americans - to take a pill and continue life like nothing happened.

My attitude - to never forget that the food choice affects my health , may be perceived as an insult by others. I feel that I sacrifice my health for a social grace when I have to eat some slice of cake. It does not give me a migraine 100%, often I just feel sub-optimal, my legs get swollen for a day or two, mood gets low. The thought of paying for that cake later absolutely deter me from enjoying it. There are always other good-tasting calibration foods without much carbs.