Total Pageviews

Saturday 14 December 2013

Michael Bolton - When I'm Back On My Feet Again

The thick end of twenty years ago, I was in deep shit. I had blown it big time. Marriage down the crapper, and career over. Out of work and homeless. One winters Sunday afternoon I was sitting in a cafe in Salisbury, drinking a coffee, smoking a cigarette, looking through the window into the street, and feeling pretty sorry for myself. A track come over the radio, I liked  it, but did not know the name of the song or singer. I asked the guy running the cafe, who was the singer and what was the song called, and he told me. I had to laugh, the irony had me laughing like a nutter. Within months I had borrowed a few quid, set up a business, and counting money was a full time job. I then met Jan, the rest is history. Never give up my friends, I now know I had  reached a very special place, an epiphany, a place I am so grateful to have found, short of terminal illness, things could not have got worse, the only way was up. I had survived the worst, nothing could ever get to me again. Eddie


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the winner is your ex wife.

Lowcarb team member said...

"nothing could ever get to me again"

And that includes you anon.

We will be spending Xmas day with my first wife and other family members. Friends for around fifty years. Thats loyalty for you, till death us do part, but as friends.

Eddie