Total Pageviews

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies


With only 2 net carbs per cookie biscuit for this low carb version of chocolate chip cookies, you may like to give Stacey's recipe a try. If you do, I think it may be one you will use again and again, as many others have found out ...

INGREDIENTS

Makes 24
1 ¼ cup almond flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder (preferably corn free)
⅛ tsp sea salt, * optional
⅔ cup sweetener of choice e.g. Swerve sweetener or other low carb granulated sweetener equivalent
5 ½ tbsp butter, cold (it must be cold)
½ tbsp molasses *optional
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
½ cup sugar free chocolate chips or chopped low carb chocolate bar (85% type)
¼ cup chopped pecans *optional


You can see full recipe and baking instructions here

I think I may have a cookie biscuit with a cup of tea - how about you?



If you need help with measurement conversions, please see here

Facts:
Almond flour is a good source of Vitamin E, manganese, and magnesium, and several other minerals.
Coconut flour is a good source of iron, manganese, copper, and several other minerals.

We bring a variety of recipe ideas and articles to this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

19 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my those look great, my hubby misses chocolate chip cookies, I will have to surprise him with these :)

Kasztanowy Domek said...

Delicious look! Greetings!:)

xxBasia

eileeninmd said...

Oh wow, these look delicious. Thanks for sharing. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day and the week ahead!

Revrunner said...

OMG! Tea and cookies! Better not get me started. :-)

Connie said...

These cookies sound great! My husband is a diabetic, and I am on the lookout for more recipes to help him.

Jo said...

Yum yum, I love chocolate chip cookies, I can never resist 'just another one'.

Martha said...

Oh my...cookies! So delicious.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

These look delicious Jan. I would have to buy some of the ingredients for as yet neither hubby or I have diet restrictions.

Anonymous said...

A fantastic recipe. Thank you.

happyone said...

I don't think I'll mess with my chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Mine are famous in these parts. : )

Adam said...

nice cookies

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Chocolate chip cookies are a favorite of our household. Your recipe is interesting and one I would like to try. Yes, a cup of tea with one of these beauties would be lovely. Enjoy your week. ♥

Carla from The River said...

Molasses ... yum!

Prunella Pepperpot said...

These really are interesting posts. I shall have to look for almond and coconut flour when I go shopping. I often use grounds almonds with ordinary flour to bake.
Your cookies look delicious and they would go wonderfully with my cup of tea at this present time!
Have a wonderful Wednesday :)

Snowbird said...

What a fascinating recipe! How yummy too!xxx

Lisa said...

Chocolate chip cookies, who could refuse. Not sure I could be trusted around these!
Lisa x

Carol Blackburn said...

Just added this to my collection. Can't wait to try it! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I ve copied this one down, lol,, thanks so much!!

Teflon baking mat said...

I so love making chocolate chip cookies. I use tefon baking mat so the cookies will not stuck to the hot surface. Thank you for sharing with us