Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Salads are Healthier with Full-Fat Dressing


Thinking you’re doing yourself a favour by choosing a low-fat salad dressing? It is time to think again!

A new study finds that you absorb more nutrients from vegetables if you choose a full-fat dressing, compared to a low-fat variant.

The study assessed the vegetables’ bioavailability – the proportion of the nutrients that are actually absorbed by your digestive system after you eat a certain food. A food with a low bioavailability wouldn’t provide your body with much nutrition, while a food with higher bioavailability gives you more bang for the buck.

The bioavailability of vegetables dressed with full-fat dressings was much higher than that of vegetables without fatty dressing. So eating those under-dressed vegetables could be less efficient for you than enjoying a fattier bed of greens.

Above words also seen/from Diet Doctor site

All the best Jan

18 comments:

Tom said...

...I agree!

This N That said...

Yay....Can't stand lo fat salad dressings!!!

Christine said...

undoubtedly they taste better!

Lorrie said...

Good news! I never buy low-fat anything. It just means it has more carbohydrates and less flavour.

Valerie-Jael said...

I'm sure this is right, and they definitely taste better. Hugs, Valerie

Jo said...

I don't buy anything low fat, I think you can taste the difference.

Margaret D said...

Don't eat a lot of dressing only have a bit on coleslaw and I don't like it fat free.

Carol Blackburn said...

Yes, love the dressing.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Muito importante as saladas na nossa alimentação.
Um abraço, continuação de boa semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

eileeninmd said...

Hello, well that is interesting. Good news! Thanks for sharing.
Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!


PerthDailyPhoto said...

I prefer full fat everything Jan, less sugar.

happyone said...

Interesting. I always use low fat dressings.
I find Ken's Steak House Lite dressings very tasty.

Catarina said...

I like the result of this study!

Lois said...

Good news for me!

Lowcarb team member said...

Francisco translation:
Very important the foods in our salads.
A hug, and a continued good week.

Conniecrafter said...

I have heard this in more than one place, it's hard to believe but I have gone toward that way in our eating and it hasn't stopped us from losing weight

Magic Love Crow said...

Very interesting!! Thank you!!!

Lisa said...

Well I never!
Lisa x