Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 November 2017

Pecan Cake : Low Carb


Sometimes it's nice to have a low carb treat!
Back in 2012 Eddie made this low carb pecan cake! I say low in carbs but it is quite high in calories ... so only cut yourself a small slice.

This cake is made in the microwave!
Ingredients:
100 grams of ground almonds
100 grams of Pecan nuts
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon of melted butter
2 tablespoons of double cream
2 tablespoons of instant coffee
100 grams of clotted cream (or extra thick double/heavy cream *)

Method:
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Melt the butter I used a Pyrex jug, add the eggs, and cream.
Place 2 tablespoons of instant coffee in a cup and pour some boiling water over the coffee, keep water to a minimum, just enough to melt the coffee.
Then add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix.
Microwave in a 700watt for 5 minutes.
Allow to cool and cut in half. Spread on clotted cream * and add pecan nuts.
Serves 6/8, low carb and tastes great.

You may like to read more about the health benefits of nuts here

now where's my tea cup and plate 

You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

13 comments:

Tom said...

...I'll pass.

Snowbird said...

Ooooh, that looks nice and made in the microwave eh?xxx

Martha said...

What a lovely cake. I love all the tasty nuts in it!

Elephant's Child said...

It does look good. The high calorie count means it is not for me though.

Jo said...

Yum. I'm a big fan of anything nutty.

Bob Bushell said...

Yum yum yum, my fave.

Anonymous said...

I love pecans in baked goods. My childhood home had pecan trees and I have fond memories of baking with my Mother.

DMS said...

This looks very tasty! Yum yum!
~Jess

Debbie said...

a cake for the microwave, wow, it looks really good!!!

Launna said...

Val would love this cake, one it has pecans and two she could make it in the microwave...easy for her xox ♡♡♡

Lady Fi said...

Mmm - looks delicious!

Magic Love Crow said...

Looks so good! Thanks Jan!

Lisa said...

Oh my word this looks like a splendid cake.
Pecan and coffee and cream, heavenly.
Lisa x